Conducting Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability Investigations -Doing It Right

April 9, 2018
|

The thought of an investigation often seems to strike fear into the minds of employers of getting it wrong.  However, something that not all employers consider straight away is that you don’t need to launch an investigation every time.  Unless your policies and procedures require you to […]

Read more →

GDPR – Managing your personal employee data online

April 7, 2018
|

MGHR’s works with breatheHR to provide an online HR administration system which enables clients to manage and process their employee data simply and effectively while meeting the requirements GDPR. In addition, it meets the 8 employee rights required by GDPR.

The system is comprehensive, flexible, easy to […]

Read more →

Increase in Employment Tribunal claims and compensation levels

April 4, 2018
|

Increase in claims

Recent figures from the government indicate that, as expected, the abolition of Tribunal fees in 2017 is having a significant effect on claims. The figures show that cases rose by 90% in the last quarter of 2017 compared with the same period in […]

Read more →

Increase in NEST pension contributions

April 2, 2018
|

Nest pension contributions for auto-enrolment schemes will increase from April 2018. The minimum contributions will rise to:  Employer 2% and Employee 3%, meaning the total contribution will be 5%.  This is applied to earning between £5,876 and £45,000.

This is a jump of 2% for […]

Read more →

Increase in Statutory pay and employment benefit rates from April 2018

March 30, 2018
|

National Living and Minimum Wage

These will increase from April 2018 to

Age 25 and over from £7.50 to £7.83

Ages 21-24 from £7.05 to £7.38

Ages 18-20 from £5.60 to £5.90

Under 18 from £4.05 to […]

Read more →

GDPR – Steps to be Taken Now

March 20, 2018
|

GDPR is almost on us now and I have been working with my retained clients to ensure that they are compliant from an HR perspective by 25th May 2018. Things you should be doing or have done as an employer are?

Appoint a suitable Data Protection Officer with […]

Read more →

Twas the Month (or Two) Before Christmas – Tips for Parties/Events

November 7, 2017
|

While not seeking to dampen the happiness and enjoyment of the Christmas season, Company Christmas events can turn into post-party headaches when individual(s) over-indulge and don’t behave as they should. Employment law folklore is peppered with cases, from fighting to harassment and accidents, etc […]

Read more →

General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – May 2018. The Clock is Ticking

November 7, 2017
|

As I mentioned in my May 2017 Newsletter, the GDPR which comes into force on 25 May 2018 will significantly change UK data protection practices. Many of the requirements will remain much the same as current Data Protection Act (DPA) law and if companies are compliant that will […]

Read more →

Harassment at Work – What You Should Do

November 1, 2017
|

Recent public allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and assault in in the entertainment and other industries have brought this issue very much to the fore.  Research by ComRes of more than 2,000 people indicated that Half of British women and a fifth of men have experienced sexual […]

Read more →

Monitoring Employees – Getting it Right

October 22, 2017
|

The European Court of Human Rights upheld a claim that an employee’s  human rights were breached by his employer not notifying him of its intention to monitor his work email communications.  This reaffirms to an extent existing UK Data Protection law in this area. It is not […]

Read more →

Holiday Pay, Commission and Voluntary Paid Overtime -It’s settled

October 14, 2017
|

The Courts have now confirmed that both commission and regular, recurrent paid voluntary overtime must be taken into consideration when calculating holiday pay.  This is based on the principle that   an employee must not be worse off financially when on holiday than they would be if the time […]

Read more →

Tribunal fees- Refunds Begin

October 1, 2017
|

You will no doubt be aware that in July the Courts abolished fees for Employment Tribunal claims. The Court recognised that fees can have an important function in Tribunal applications, but ruled that the government did not have the balance right. How this will play out is yet […]

Read more →
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page ›